It is agreed by and between Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. and the authorizing party (customer and/or customer’s agent) that the following provisions are made as part of this contract:
Insurance by Contractor: Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. warrants that it is insured for liability resulting from injury to person(s) or property and that all employees are covered by Workers’ Compensation as required by law. Certificates of coverage are available upon request.
Cancellation Fee: Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. kindly requests that the authorizing party provide at least 24 hours advance notice of any full or partial work cancellation. If a crew has been dispatched to the job site, the customer will be assessed a minimum mobilization fee of $50.00 for incurred expenses.
Completion of Contract: Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. agrees to do its best to meet any agreed upon performance dates, but shall not be liable in damages or otherwise for delays because of inclement weather, labor, or any other cause beyond its control; nor shall the customer be relieved of completion for delays.
Tree Ownership: The authorizing party warrants that all trees outlined for services are located on the customer’s property, and, if they are not, that the authorizing party (our client) has coordinated full permission directly from the owner (i.e., neighbor or other property owner) to Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. to allow for performance of the specified work. Should any tree be mistakenly identified as to ownership or ownership misrepresented, the customer agrees to indemnify Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. and assumes responsibility for any damages or costs incurred from the result thereof.
Safety: Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. warrants that all arboricultural operations will follow the latest version of the ANSI Z133(2012) industry safety standards. The authorizing party (client) agrees to not enter, or permit others to enter, the work area during arboricultural operations unless authorized by the crew leader on-site.
All work is performed to ANSI A300 Tree Care Standards: The following definitions apply to specifications detailed in this proposal.
- crown: The leaves and branches of a tree measured from the lowest branch on the trunk to the top of the tree, also called the canopy.
- leader: A dominant or co-dominant, upright stem.
- clean: Selective pruning to remove one or more of the following parts: dead, diseased, and/or broken branches. Unless noted otherwise on this proposal, all cleaning will be of branches 2 inch diameter or greater throughout the canopy.
- raise: Selective pruning to provide vertical clearance. reduce: Selective pruning to decrease height and/or spread by removing specified branches.
- restore: Selective pruning to improve the structure, form, and appearance of trees that have been severely headed, vandalized, or damaged. thin: Selective pruning to reduce density of live branches, usually by removing entire branches.
- stump removal: unless specified in the proposal, stump removal is not included in the price quoted. Grindings from stump removal are not hauled unless specified in this proposal. Surface and subsurface roots beyond the immediate stump are not removed unless specified in the proposal.
Concealed Contingencies: Any additional work or equipment required to complete the work, caused by the authorizing party’s failure to make known or caused by previously unknown foreign material in the trunk, the branches, underground, or any other condition not apparent in estimating the work specified, shall be paid for by the customer on a time and material basis. Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. is not responsible for damages to underground sprinklers, drain lines, invisible fences or underground cables unless the system(s) are adequately and accurately mapped by the authorizing party and a copy is presented before or at the time the work is performed.
Clean-up: Clean-up shall include removing wood, brush, and clippings, and raking of the entire area affected by the specified work, unless noted otherwise on this proposal.
Lawn Repair: Town Branch Tree Experts, Inc. will attempt to minimize all disturbances to the customer’s lawn. Lawn repairs are not included in the contract price, unless noted otherwise on this proposal.
Terms of Payment: Unless otherwise noted in this proposal, the customer agrees to pay the account in full upon completion. Invoices not paid within 30 days of completion will be assessed a 5% monthly late fee. A charge of $25 will be assessed for all checks returned to our office for nonsufficient funds. The customer shall assume all responsibility for the collection of legal fees necessitated by default in payment.